February 22, 2011

Half Marathon Info

Fairytales do come true. One mile at a time.

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend brings women of all ages together to participate in a magical event designed just for them. The Disney Princesses are the inspiration for the weekend's events and will focus on the attributes every princess possesses: commitment, courage, determination, fantasy, perseverance, and strength.

There comes a time in every woman's life when she must blaze her own trail. A time when she has to run, not from an evil stepmother, but to her moment of glory. A day when the true princess inside of her shines through. The time has come for Nery!
The event will take place at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort in Florida on a new date – February 25-27, 2011, and is set to celebrate the women who prove that anything is possible in life's fairytale. 

So, dust off those glass running slippers and get set for an experience nothing short of happily ever after! 
(Disney words not mine LOL)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
This Sunday 2/27/11, I'm going to attempt my first Half Marathon (13.1 miles). I have to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace in order to be allowed to finish the race. I am not sure if I can do that yet but I know I am going to give it everything I've got. You all have been there and supporting me as I try to lose weight. I was unsure if I should remind everyone that the race was this weekend, so incase I failed not everyone would have it fresh in their minds. I decided however, if I don't finish; that's ok. You all are going to support me regardless. I'm doing this to prove to myself what I'm made of. So I'm giving it a shot! I also want all of you to be a part of it. 
For my out of towners I was made aware that you can track my progress via texts/emails. Here is how to sign up for that:
Nery Tracker (<--Click)
For those of you in town who would like to wake up extremely early on Sunday to be part of the race, here are the Spectator details (I will not know my start time until I go to the expo this Saturday):
Spectator Info (<--Click)
After the race, we'll probably go have lunch somewhere in the area. I'll have to see what's a good place to go and I'll keep you posted.
I know the race is extremely early, and I totally understand if you can't make it (especially since most of you are in Miami..LOL) what I do ask though that you pray that God gives me (and my legs) the strength and the courage to finish this race!
I'm still ironing out the details and my nerves. I have included the course so you can understand why I'm so nervous!! LOL
Course (<-- Click)
Thanks everyone for all the support and motivation you've given me. Thank you for your prayers. God willing I'll be emailing/blogging  a picture of the medal I got at the FINISH LINE! Regardless of what happens, I'm leaving every ounce of energy on the course. I know now that I am capable of finishing it, maybe not in Disney's time but I certainly CAN do it.
The best support you can give me are your thoughts and prayers! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment